Whenever we hear about avocados, it feels like enjoying a royal feast. It is commonly known as butterfruit and its pulp has a buttery creamy texture in it. The Indian versions of avocados have a lower oil percentage (12% less) so its texture is less creamy and more nutty. But don’t worry, Indian avocados are equally good in nutrition so you won’t be missing out on anything, rather our avocados are grown locally without the use of any harmful chemicals to increase its shelf life for transportation. They are medium sized fruits with a leather like dark green coloured skin. Avocados were introduced in India from our neighbour – Sri lanka.
- Avocados are high in potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and calcium.
- Potassium help in regulating water content in our bodies, maintains proper muscle contractions, reduces blood pressure, makes our bones strong and prevents kidney stones too.
- It also contains vitamin C which boosts our immunity. Vitamin A content is also very good which will keep our eyes healthy and vitamin K for accelerating healing process for any wounds or bruises.
- Experts suggest that we should consume 2 to 3 avocados per day.
- Our team makes sure that all the fruits are organically cultivated, harvested, packed and delivered to you with utmost care.
Storage – Shelf Life
Ripened avocados should be kept in a sealed or air tight container in refrigerated conditions. This will keep them fresh for 3 to 4 days. Unripe avocados will eventually ripe even in refrigerator but the taste and texture will be compromised. So it is best to keep them in a container at room temperature for a day or two and then shift them in refrigerator after they have ripened.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.