We all recognize oregano as a herb which is for seasoning our pizzas and pastas. It originated from hills of Mediterranean region and Western Asia. The plant is like a shrub and the leaves are green in colour, ovate or arrow shaped with a pointed tip. Some varieties may have fuzzy leaves. This herb has a perfect balance between sweet and spicy. It has an earthy touch in its flavour with some bitterness and has a unique aroma. It usually is used a garnishing herb on various types of cuisines. It can be consumed fresh as well as in its dry form.
- Oregano has good amount of calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous. It also has folate, beta carotenes, vitamin A and K.
- Fresh oregano is a very good antibacterial agent. It has phytochemicals which have the capacity to fight against different types of harmful bacteria.
- It has very low calories and is good for people suffering from diabetes.
- Its oil is also known to relieve joint pains.
- Our team at Froots make sure that all the herbs like oregano are cultivated without any harmful chemicals. We try to harvest the produce on the same day of delivery to assure premium quality.
Storage – Shelf Life
Refrigerate fresh oregano in a sealed container or plastic bag to preserve its moisture for a longer time. You can alternatively sun dry it and store it in an air tight container to use it as a dry herb.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.