Green Amaranthus is basically the greener version of red Amaranthus. It has less pigments as compared to red Amaranthus but packs equivalent amount of nutrition in it. It has light green stems which grows in a bunch and light to dark green coloured leaves which are oval in shape. Leaves have prominent veins or ribs. Young leaves are tender and milder in flavour while the matured ones are slightly bitter and crunchier. It tastes earthy almost like spinach. It is believed to be originated in Australia. It can be consumed raw in salads or can be cooked in form of vegetables along with some lentils.
- Amaranthus leaves are packed with numerous health benefits and has very few calories. It is good for digestion as it has loads of fibre and can be added to your diet plan.
- It has lots of iron content which is good for people suffering from anaemia as it helps in formation of RBCs and haemoglobin.
- Amaranthus has several different kinds of vitamins and antioxidants which helps our body in fighting against harmful free radicles.
- It has perhaps the highest concentration of vitamin K as compared to other green leafy veggies. It promotes good bone health and is also beneficial for Alzheimer’s patients.
- It has high levels of calcium, manganese, magnesium, copper and zinc.
- Our Amaranthus is completely free of any hazardous chemicals and cultivated in hydroponic systems. The produce is harvested on the same day of delivery so that you get yummy and fresh veggies right at your door step.
Storage – Shelf Life
Being a green leafy veggie, Amaranthus loses moisture very quickly. So it should be stored by wrapping the stems in a damp paper or cloth and then in a zipper bag or plastic container to retain maximum moisture. Place it in a refrigerator and it might last for 3 to 4 days.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.