Lollo Rosso lettuce is believed to be originated in Ancient Egypt but this variety is mostly cultivated in Italy. This variety of lettuce has very beautifully curved leaves from edges. It has green colour on insides while the curled outer edges have a gradient of red purple colour. It is also known as coral lettuce. The curled leaves are a very good addition to salad as they make the salad full of texture, colour and increase its volume. They are also very practical as they catch and retain salad dressings. Its leaves are tender, crisp, juicy and has a bit of a crispy flavour.
- It is very high in fibre and super low in calories. This means it is perfect for dieting to lose weight.
- It is very hydrating so it would keep your body hydrated and will make your skin healthy.
- It is loaded with antioxidants which will protect your body against harmful free radicles.
- It is high in potassium and magnesium which will keep your heart healthy.
- All the salad greens here at Froots are produced in a completely chemical free manner. Most of our lettuce are grown through hydroponics system so you can consume them without worrying about any consequences. Our team harvests the produce on the same day of delivery to ensure fresh products are delivered at your door step.
Storage – Shelf Life
Complete heads can be stored in unsealed plastic bags for 3 to 5 days in a refrigerator while individual leaves can last for 1 to 2 days.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.