Pak choi, also known as Bok choi or Chinese cabbage, native to South China, is a green leafy vegetable which is often consumed as a salad green. It has a strong, thick and prominent stalk around which light green leaves are placed. It can be between 4 to 12 inches long and the stems are super crunchy. Whole of pak choi i.e. stem leaves and stalk is consumed in salads, soups, curries, wraps, burgers or sandwiches. The flavour is somewhat like cabbage and somewhat like spinach.
- Due to compounds like vitamin C, E, selenium etc. pak choi is capable of preventing certain types of cancer.
- It has a compound named as quercetin which is an excellent anti inflammatory compound and prevents risk of heart diseases, diabetes, cancers etc.
- It has vitamin B6 and folate which removes excess homocysteine from your blood which can damage blood vessels and cause heart problems.
- It is high in calcium and vitamin K which promotes healthy bones.
- Regular consumption of pak choi may improve overall texture and complexion of your skin too.
- All the salad greens including pak choi is produced hydroponically without the use of any harmful chemicals. So it is completely safe for you and your family to consume. We try to ensure that the vegetables are harvested on the same date of delivery.
Storage – Shelf Life
The best way to store it is in a zipper bag or air tight container without washing the stalks.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.