Pumpkins are yellow to orange in colour and surely reminds us of Halloween.. These vegetables are oblong to round in shape and are quite large. They can be 3 to 10 feet wide and 1 to 3 feet tall. They have a ridged texture on their outermost surface. It is known as kaddu in India. Pumpkins taste just like squashes and have an earthy sweet flavour. Their flesh is also orange in colour and can be cooked as a vegetable, baked in a pie or can be served as soups and various other cuisines.
- Cooked, boiled or drained pumpkin contains a significant amount of potassium which helps in never conduction and maintains proper muscle contractions.
- It has high amounts of calcium which is good for bones and teeth.
- Phosphorous content is also good in pumpkins which help in removing waste from our bodies through kidneys. Phosphorous is also required for generating energy and aids in muscle recovery after a good session of exercise.
- It also contains other minerals like iron, selenium, zinc, copper and manganese.
- All our vegetables are locally sourced and grown organically with the best care possible. The process of harvesting and packaging is also done by maintaining the best hygienic conditions possible.
Storage – Shelf Life
Pumpkins can be stored for a very long duration. The uncut pumpkins should be stored in a cool dry place with plenty of ventilation. Don’t keep the vegetable directly on the floor but on top of a cloth or in some kind of shelf. If stored in a proper manner, pumpkins can last upto 3 to 4 months. Cut pumpkins can be stored in an air tight container in refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.